Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an appointment?
- You will need an appointment to see all our clinicians and Dr Spittaler. Please call (02) 4940 0730 to book or use our online booking system on this website.
- Yes, we have 8 parking spaces including 1 disabled parking space behind our building.
- Yes. We have disabled parking and a ramp.
- A clinician has been reserved for your appointment, if you are unable to attend for any reason, including illness, we need sufficient notice to offer the appointment to another client. We therefore ask for a minimum of one business day to cancel or change an appointment. If no notice is given a $60 cancellation fee is charged.
- When coming in to see Dr Spittaler please bring your X-Rays, if applicable. You referral should be faxed or emailed prior to the appointment by your GP. Please bring any relevant scans or x-rays to see our physiotherapist or blood work when seeing the dietitian.
- We have full EFTPOS facilities including HICAPS. See participating funds HERE. We accept, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We also treat CTP, WorkCover and DVA clients. We have several contracts and arrangements with other funding organisations, such as ZipMoney and we can advise on what funding is available for clients that may need to undergo any surgical procedures. Please call the office to discuss your options and eligibility.
- Following your initial assessment your clinician will be able to tailor a program specifically for you and can then give you an idea of the number of treatment sessions you require in order to reach your goals. The length of treatment will depend on your condition, your symptoms and your rehabilitation goals.
- For Allied Health, we can arrange urgent initial assessments within 24 hours. There may be a wait of up to a week for non-urgent appointments. We have a strict cancellation policy and daily waiting list in place to fast-track your rehab. Subsequent treatment sessions can be arranged at times and intervals that best suit you.
- Relatives and support people play a very important role in the rehabilitation of their loved ones. We can also teach you suitable exercises that can be performed or practiced, with your relative or support person at home between appointments.
- Yes, we ask that children under the age of 16 be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- details of a serious offence under the Major Crimes Act
- a risk of harm to yourself or others
- information requested by subpoena from a court of law.
- We are unable to provide support after hours. In the event of a mental health emergency please contact:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
- All other emergencies please go to the nearest hospital emergency department
Physiotherapy, Psychology and Dietetics Questions
Do I need a referral?
- No, you do not need a referral to see the Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Dietitian, Massage Therapist or Reflexologist. Our clinicians are able to assess you without a referral. However, if you would like to see any of our clinicians and claim a rebate from Medicare, then you will need to see your GP and obtain a GP Health Care Plan or a GP Mental Health Care Plan. Referrals can help by providing us with more back ground information on your case. PLEASE NOTE: You will need a referral to see Dr Spittaler.
- Our fees vary depending on the type of service you require. Our fees are based on the recommended SIRA fee schedule.
- If you have a GP referral, (Health Care Plan, or Mental Health Care Plan) you are eligible for up to 10 Medicare rebates per year (Psychology) and 5 Medicare rebates per year (Physiotherapy), depending on your GP's referral. Contact one of our friendly administration staff to obtain specific information about the rebates you can receive.
- We do not bulk bill, however we offer a reduced rate for clients who hold a current Centrelink Healthcare Card.
- Yes, we do provide telephone sessions to our clients. However, this service occurs under special circumstances:
- our clinicians have completed an initial assessment and determined that telephone sessions would be appropriate
- that you guarantee that you have access to quiet and private space for the duration of the sessions, with no interruptions
- that the appointment is pre-arranged, that is not to replace a pre-booked face to face session.
- Yes, our Dietitian is happy to arrange a home visit for those who cannot travel.
- If you have any relevant scans or medical documentation such as letters from your doctor, do bring these with you and wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing (e.g., tracksuit), you should be able to move around freely and it is helpful to your clinician if they can gain easy access to the areas of concern. We have a gym onsite and if you are striving to achieve optimum rehabilitation, we suggest you bring your trainers.
Our office is conveniently located in Hamilton. Contact us today for an appointment so that we can start you on your journey back to full well-being.