Our office is conveniently located in Hamilton. Contact us today for an appointment so that we can start you on your journey back to full well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an appointment?
- You will need an appointment to see all our specialists. Please call (02) 4969 8988 to book or use our online booking system on this website.
- Yes, we have parking behind our building.
- Yes. We have disabled parking and a ramp.
- Yes, however we do ask that you give us at least four hours notice if possible.
- When coming in to see Dr Spittaler please bring your X-Rays, if applicable. You referral should be faxed or emailed through previous to the appointment by your GP. Please bring any relevant scans or xrays to see our physiotherapist or blood works when seeing the dietitian.
- We have full EFTPOS facilities including HICAPS. We are registered with all major private health insurers. We also treat CTP, Workcover and other third party providers. We have several contracts and arrangements with other funding organisations and we can advise on what funding is available for people with neurological disabilities. Please call the office to discuss your options and eligibility.
- No. We are primary care practitioners and are able to assess you without a referral. We do however accept referrals direct from Doctors, Consultants, allied health professionals, patients, relatives, carers, case managers and solicitors. Referrals can help by providing us with more back ground information on your case. During your assessment, you will be asked to provide any relevant and recent medical reports, investigations or scan results. PLEASE NOTE: You will need a referral to see Dr Spittaler
- Following your initial assessment your therapist will be able to tailor a program specifically for you and can then give you an idea of the number of treatment sessions you require in order to reach your goals. The length of treatment will depend on your condition, your symptoms and your rehabilitation goals.
- For Allied Health, we can arrange urgent initial assessments within 24 hours. There may be a wait of up to a week for non-urgent appointments, depending on availability. We have a strict cancellation policy and daily waiting list in place to fast-track your rehab. Subsequent treatment sessions can be arranged at times and intervals that best suit you.
- Relatives play a very important role in the rehabilitation of their loved ones. Attending appointments will enable your physiotherapist to provide you with relevant advice to promote the recovery to your relative. We can also teach you suitable exercises that can be performed or practiced, with your relative, at home between appointments.